Friday, August 9, 2013

My new computer!

Yay! After the laptop dying on me after my last posting on here, we have finally managed to get ourselves a new computer :D I am soooo happy!!! Now I will be able to update my blog on a more regular basis. I have felt pretty lost without it.

I will add photo's in when I am a little more organised, but there has been some stitching going on here in the past few months. I have had a new start (even though I haven't had finishes!) as we went away for a few days in May, and I wanted to take something with me that was going to be easy to do and transport. So I started what was classed as a beginners kit that I picked up earlier in the year. It is of 3 Babushka's and the colours are lovely - greens, red and pinks. Little Miss decided she wanted it for her room, and as it is a beginner kit it has been coming along quite nicely and has helped my stitchy bug feel settled. Once I finish this one, I will be getting back to the pheasants :)

One of the main things that has happened over the past few months is that I have made the leap from scroll frames to q-snaps. Friends of mine have been using them for a long time, but I have been slow to cotton on. I finally made the move and now I am never going back! I was finding the scroll frames could get a little cumbersome, and if I was using the floor stand I would have issues with my back. The q-snaps are so easy to use, they are my new best friend :D

I have recently been away on my stitchy retreat, and it was a fabulous weekend! Too many late nights/early mornings but so much stitching, talking and laughing (not to mention eating!) was had by all. It is in a beautiful part of the state, and it was pretty cold that weekend (so cold, in fact, that we actually had snow!) but we were nice and snug inside. I can't wait to go again next year!

A couple of weekends ago I went to a stitchy show with a very good stitchy friend of mine, Belinda, and a work friend, Fiona, who loves scrapbooking and we spent pretty much the whole day browsing the stands, deciding on purchases and indulging in hot choccy and then a late lunch. It was lovely to spend the time with like-minded people and come away with some lovely stash :D

I am sure there was so much more I wanted to say, but no doubt it will come to me later. I will post photo's as soon as I am able, and will also do a bit more of an in-depth post about the retreat and the show in the very near future. For now, my wine glass is calling me so I will ignore it no longer! ;)

Happy stitching xx

1 comment:

  1. Hello

    Just found your blog.
    Your baboushkas sound lovely.
    I would love to go on a stitchy weekend!
    Your stitching is great.
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete