Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I took pictures!

I finally got around to getting the camera out earlier on - woohoo! I also found the best spot for taking a picture was our bedroom - the natural light in there is fantastic... It'd be wonderful as a stitchy room. Hmmmm, wonder if I can convince hubby LOL!

So, here's Lizzie*Kate's Home Is... finished excpet for the names - I want to keep that a surprise until it is framed and given :D



It needs a darn good iron too, but again, that'll wait until after the details are put in. :)

I made a start on the first of the birth samplers on Tuesday of last week, so I have now been working on it for a week. I took the piccie before any stitching today, so it is already out of date! Some nights I haven't been ab;e to do any stitching, and some nights have been minimal with stitching time, so I feel like I've made a good start. After confering with the stitchy girls, it was decided that I start on the pink sampler first, so here it is:



I've decided to stitch the border in stages as I go, due to the fact that there is so much of it. I think it'd probably do my head in if I left it all to the end. I'm really liking the colours on this one, whichis very strange as I have never been a fan of pink... They look much better than on the pattern too. I'm really loving that I am back into my stitching, and projects like this one make me excited to keep going too.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely LK finish Gayle and your baby sampler looks sweet. Glad your stitches are bringing you so much joy. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your L*K is gorgeous and I can't wait to see more of your sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baby sampler is looking gorgeous, I LOVE pink so I do love the colours. I think we should convert the bedroom into a stitchy room too. :-) Glad you are loving your stitching xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies. Your comments are so lovely - I always look forward to reading them xx

    ReplyDelete