Thursday, July 15, 2010

Stitching friends

I am getting so excited now that the month of July is rolling on. I belong to a group of young stitchers (young as I am the oldest one!) and we try to meet about every 4 weeks to have some stitching time, a good gossip and some yummy food. Unfortunately, it has been about 6 months since our last meeting, as 3 of the girls have got married and honeymooned in the first part of the year, makign it difficult to find a free time, what with all the preparations for the weddings, etc. Our meeting day is finally going to be happening on Sunday, even though 2 of the girls are unable to make it. :( I think we were all hanging out for a meeting so badly though, that we couldn't let it go any longer. I think it's one of those unfortunate things that when you get a larger group, it's going to be difficult to find a date that suits everyone. That will just make the meetings where everyone can get there all the more special. :D

There will be 4 of us on Sunday, so it's a nice number. As we meet for the afternoon, we all bring along a snack to share with everyone and the snacks have been unbelievably yummy! A couple of the girls really love to bake, and they never disappoint! I think it encourages all of us to try something new too. I'm going to be taking Rice Krispie cake this time. They are supposed to be done in little individual serves, but I am going to be making one big one and slicing it. Hopefully it'll work out ok!

Good company, good food, and quality stitching time - what more could a girl ask for? ;)

1 comment:

  1. I am really looking forward to Sunday too, it can't come around quick enough. I am still deciding what to bake...

    ReplyDelete